“We, the Youth at the 1st African Youth Forum which took place on Robben Island from 15-19 September 2018, from South Africa, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Mauritius, Malawi and Namibia, as a united voice, have noticed social problems and economic difficulties in our communities which include, substance abuse, gangsterism, teenage pregnancy, mortality, social inequalities, and violence.
In the spirit of the Olympic Values of Respect, Friendship, Excellence, Balance of Body, Will and Mind and Fair Play – we declare to create a platform that uplifts youth, and that carries the voice of the youth in Africa for Sport, Development and Peace so that we have a space to be heard, a space to share opportunities, and a space to mentor each other for a brighter future, for all.”
What we do?
We provide specialist programming services and a space for youth to gain experience and have a voice through youth mentoring and training services in Sport, Development, and Peace. We use a variety of approaches which include the use of sport as a vehicle to deliver the necessary life-skills, career development skills, and soft-skills required for youth success. We also welcome collaborations, sport and recreation event management, and project organization.
The Youth Network for Sport, Development and Peace is grounded in the
Olympic values of:
- Fair Play
- Balance of mind, body and will
- Joy of Effort
To see a unified, all-inclusive cohort of Youth in Africa, who support and encourage one another to be the best versions of themselves, in all spheres of their lives
- To understand, advocate and promote sport and Universal and Olympic values as tools for development, social change, and peace among youth and young adults, at the community level and at society at large;
- To create and strengthen networks and develop partnerships to improve cooperation, capacity building, and implementation;
- To facilitate the transfer of related knowledge, skills, and resources in youth development, career development, sports skills development, and other relevant fields;
- To facilitate public and institutional awareness, personal development, education, and training in support of sport as a tool for development, social change, and peace and of Universal and Olympic values.
- Youth Peace Heritage Games
- International Sport and
- Peace Conference
- BluePrint Project
- Future Leaders SDP List