SAVE THE DATE!
2018 is off to a great start, and the Foundation has the following events lined up which you should definitely diarize, as we would like you to stay in the know with the activities within Sport, Development and Peace. To celebrate and remember Nelson Mandela legacy in sports and peace we are excited to welcome you to the following events in 2018:
- 1 June 2018 – Global Sport Roundtable: Sport and Race with the Global Sport Institute at Arizona State University
- 19-21 September 2018 5th International Cape Town Sport and Peace Conference and Expo, Cape Town, South Africa
Nelson Mandela and the Power of Sport – Be the Legacy in Sport and Life
The focus of the Roundtable and Conference with their Commissions will be on the following topics :
- Global governance and universal and Olympic values
- Values education and role models
- The role of women in society and sport
- Community development, sport and recreation, peace and partnerships
- Youth, volunteers and leadership
- The role of Federations in sport development
- Wellbeing, Health, Disability
Training Courses: Planned training dates for internationally accredited TAFISA and OVE courses in June and September will follow.
For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. More information to follow soon. Stay tuned!